Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nacho Libre Cake

Hey! It's August! According to my sister it's also Nacho Night at the church. She wanted a Nacho Libre themed cake, so I happily obliged.

Here's the inspiration:



Homework before beginning your nacho cake:

Encarnacion song.


So, I went and put on my stretchy pants and began to frost the cake my sister had so kindly prepared from a white cake mix with blue food coloring added.

When you are a baker, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in the kitchen. Is for fun.

I started with a crumb coating. For those of you who are as clueless as I was last week, that is a thin layer of basic white icing, meant to help you end up with a cleaner finish with your prettified icing.

Beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man, we find his... nucleus.



After I finished the crumb coating, I mixed a little over a cup of white icing with 4 or 5 drops of blue food coloring. Now, I do have the neon food coloring pack, so that may make a difference.
I then covered the entire cake with the blue.

These are my recreation clothes.



I then mixed a little icing, maybe 3 tbsps, with 2 drops of neon green and 2 drops of red food coloring to make that lovely Latino glow. I filled in where the skin shows through his mask on my cake.


I was wondering if you would like to join in my quarters tonight... for some toast.

I then added grated chocolate for the eyebrows by folding a piece of paper in half and tapping it out of the side to make a relatively straight line. After adding white and black for eyes, this is where I stood:

That's where I fell in love with this cake and knew I had to finish.

Red icing piped around the eyes, nose, and mouth area, and a darker tan (add a tiny bit more red) for the lips, and we have a finished luchador.



Comment with my luchador name:


o o x x o o X o X X x

More recipes coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment