Tuesday, December 28, 2010

8 tiny reindeer


This post is inspired by the books "What's New, Cupcake?" and "Hello, Cupcake!" by the ever creative Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.

First of all, Merry Christmas! I have been neglecting this blog lately because of my school issues, but will be beginning a "regimen" for my New Year's Resolution. My dear darling boyfriend bought me The Golden Book of Desserts and I will be working my way through that as well as recipes from the above mentioned books.

The school issues, however, are the real reason I am going to be able to keep up with this better. I am no longer a music major! I have decided to switch to Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. In other words, I can pretty much do what I want with my future. We'll see where that leads...

Now lets get real. This is a cupcake blog. It's time for some tiny goodness.



Yes! Those ARE tiny chocolate cupcakes in the shape of reindeer!! I was amazed at how simple they were to put together.

Ingredients
1 box chocolate cake mix
buttermilk* check your cake mix recipe to see how much water it requires, and replace the water with buttermilk.
2-3 eggs* again, depending on the mix
2 cans of chocolate frosting
jumbo marshmallows
mini marshmallows
pretzels
mini m&ms

1. First, bake your cute little chocolate cupcakes and let them cool.


2. Take the jumbo marshmallows and secure a mini marshmallow to the flat end using chocolate frosting. I squished my mini marshmallows for a cuter snout.

3. Secure the jumbo marshmallow to the cupcakes using chocolate frosting, and chill in the fridge or free.


4. After the cupcakes are nice and cold, melt the remainder of the chocolate frosting in a bowl.

5. Dip the cupcakes into the melted frosting one by one, being careful not to let any parts fall off. I found it difficult to get the frosting to cover the entire cupcake, so I drizzled some of the bald spots with my spoon.


6. After dipping the cupcakes, let them dry slightly and place a mini m&m on the nose.

7. Break pretzels into antler shapes and press them into the sides of the head, poking holes for eyes.

8. You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen.....

No comments:

Post a Comment