Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Little Slice of Heaven





I know this is a food blog, but I just couldn't resist posting pictures of my apartment. I think I'm basically finished decorating, but there's always CraftGawker and DwellingGawker to tempt me into changing things up.
If I were to describe my room in one word, it would without a doubt be cozy.

I found my headboard at a local thrift store for $15, and the quilt at Walmart for $19.


The shelf is a utility shelf from Walmart to contrast with the warm colors of my room. The binder says "Be Responsible Please!" and holds important things to do :)

This is the easiest wall decoration you can possibly do. Just take a bunch of your favorite pictures and arrange them in whatever shape you want! I chose a grid because I like how it looks like a huge piece of art, but I've seen photo murals in the shape of hearts, letters, etc.


I decided that I like my closet door open, so I put an old blue suitcase in front of it and purchased a spring rod and single sheer curtain panel from Walmart to hide my messy clothes.

Rabbit ears! :)

With a simple garland, my room is complete.

It's one of the most important criteria in determining my stress level that I have a relaxing environment to come back to. I love my room, and I hope you can take some amount of inspiration from it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of the Hunger Games poster! But ignoring my desires, I love what you did with the closet door; so cool and stylish. And this is coming from one of the gayest straight guys alive, so you know it's pimpin' xD


    I need to visit one day. Though I won't come up there until it's warm, so it may be a while hehe....

    ReplyDelete