Saturday, June 26, 2010

The best brownies you will ever eat.

Last Sunday, I rear-ended a Camaro on 321. I got home and threw everything on my bed and ran into my kitchen. My room still looks like a clothes-eating monster had diarrhea. Explosive diarrhea.

However, I made these brownies. Taken from the website Recipezaar, they are called "Whatever Floats Your Boat" Brownies.

They are ridiculous. Seriously. You probably have almost all, if not all of the ingredients you need to make these. So do it now.

Here's what you need:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
mix-ins of choice

Supplies:

8x8 pan
bowl
parchment paper *optional

1. Preheat your oven to 350. You can grease your pan or line it with aluminum foil, BUT I'm about to preach about my baking secret. Parchment paper. I discovered it this past fall when working on coconut meringues. It works wonders with baked foods that you eat with your hands. I lined my 8x8 pan with it. Takes a bit of origami to get it to fit. Totally worth it. Things bake more evenly and peel right off. You actually get to EAT all your brownies rather than having the usual stuff frustratingly stuck to the pan. So use parchment paper. Let us pray and then the service will be dismissed.

2. In your mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter and cocoa powder. This will look like mud. Delicious butter mud.

3. Add sugar and mix until blended. This will look like mud as well. Delicious, glittery butter mud.

4. Add one egg at a time and stir until blended.

5. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt just until you can see no more white.

6. This is where I added chocolate chips, but you can add whatever you like. Use 1-2 cups. I used a cup of chocolate chips and then sprinkled more on top in the middle of the baking process.

7. Pour and spread into pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. I always check my baked goods obsessively, being at high altitude and such. Adjust the time as needed.

8. Using the fork/toothpick/knife test, you should come back with a few crumbs on your utensil. Unlike most baked goodies, don't wait for a clean fork.

9. Gorge thyself.

These are seriously the best brownies I have ever had. I loved them. Everett ended up with half of his first one on his face because he inhaled it. They are wonderful either hot or cold, but they won't last very long before being eaten.

Guess what! This recipe can be doubled! Bake in a 9x12 pan and add 5 minutes to the baking time.

Excuse me. I think I need to go make a batch of these.

*no pictures due to the fact that these were eaten within 30 minutes of being taken out of the oven. They're brownies. Use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment