Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What I did today

Peach Sorbet!

Here's what happened. My lovely boyfriend bought me a bag of peaches from a truck by the side of the road, and they smelled incredible.


Mmmm... brings back childhood memories of wishing that THIS was real.


Anyways, it is HOT here. Super hot. We mountain people aren't used to this. So I bought an ice cream maker. Bought it from WalMart and got the last one. I have tried twice before to make frozen treats and failed miserably, my roommates finding the soupy dishes in the sink where I left them to go pout. This time, I knew it would be different. I knew that it had to work. I just knew it.

So I found this recipe. Regrettably, I didn't photograph the actual steps, but you can figure it out. Pretty simple.

I adapted it from this recipe from AllRecipes.com. I put a tiny bit more sugar and used lime juice instead of lemon juice, only because I had a fresh lime I'd been dying to lose.
Ingredients
1/2 cup of water
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
4 medium (very)ripe peaches, peeled and sliced

Supplies
knife
blender
small saucepan
and the most important part, an ice cream maker!

1. Combine water, sugar and lime juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool, then transfer to blender.
2. Add peaches, blend until smooth. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions given with the maker.
3. After it is to the desired consistency(I'm impatient so mine was kind of slushy), pour into another container to put into the freezer.

I put blueberries in mine and ate it with an Earl Grey cupcake, the recipe for which I will post soon.
Here's the finished result!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment