Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pantry List

Two posts in one day? Well, I didn't write the day before yesterday, so this is making up for that.

Things you should always have in your kitchen so you can make food impulsively:

1. Sugar. White sugar, powdered sugar, brown sugar, you will use it all. It's number one on the list because it's used in almost everything I make.

2. Flour. All purpose, self-rising.

3. Eggs. Keep at least 4 in your fridge.

4. Butter.
Unsalted stick butter. I keep at least 2 sticks.

5. Vanilla. I admit, I use vanilla imitation because it's cheaper, but I know some people who swear by real vanilla extract, especially when making ice cream.

6. Salt. You probably already have this in your kitchen, but it's used in almost everything.

7. Chocolate chips.
With the ingredients I've listed thus far, you can easily whip up a batch of awesome homemade chocolate chip cookies. These are also good to keep just in case you want to make anything coated in chocolate. I'll explain how to melt chocolate in a future post.

With these ingredients, you should have no problem baking whenever you want to. See you at Harris Teeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment